Factor Four Magazine is looking for the following Volunteers:
Assistant Editor – First Reads
This person reads over all new submissions that come into our inbox. We are looking for a few good people who enjoy reading fiction. Must have a good eye for fiction, attention to detail, and enjoy reading flash fiction.
- Evaluates submissions to determine if submission guidelines were followed.
- Read Submission and Respond with either a rejection or mark the story for additional reading.
- Responds to query letters regarding the status of submissions.
- Attends creative team meetings either in person or via Google Hangouts to discuss the Magazine progress
- Assists in the evaluation of other magazine content, including cover art selections.
We are looking for two or three people for this position.
More Positions Coming Soon!
- Staff Members are not permitted to submit to Factor Four Magazine.
- Staff Members receive eReader and Online access to our Magazine for the entire time they volunteer with us.
- This is a commitment that will take some dedication. Please consider the amount of time each week you can donate to us when applying. Underestimate the time, no one will be mad if you can give more time.
- We are in the Pacific Time Zone, so meetings are scheduled with that in mind.
- We’d love to hear from you. If you want to apply for any of the positions mentioned above, fill out the form below. Select the position you want to apply for. If you’d like to apply for more than one position, select the one you want the most and mention the others in your introduction.